SMARTEN XE ESP Control System
Harness the smartest ESP brain in the business
Traditional ESP controllers weren’t designed for dynamic conditions like rapidly changing production rates, increasing gas incursion, and power quality challenges. You need a VSD controller powerful enough to manage the challenging downhole conditions in unconventional wells – and an unpredictable supply chain. Harness the smartest ESP brain in the business to tackle dynamic downhole conditions and create applications fit for your operations, with the most secure ESP control system.
Take command of your ESP operations
Conquer changing downhole conditions
Control the 3S’ - security, stability, and safety
Create bespoke control applications
Manage gas locking with REFLUX™ gas control algorithm
SMARTEN XE ESP control system proactively manages gas locking conditions with the proprietary sensorless REFLUX™ gas control algorithm. REFLUX measures motor current to predict the presence of gas and sets proactive controls to mitigate gas-related issues.
Protect your downhole equipment
Protect the downhole motor and cable by assuring power quality with a proprietary power meter on the controller. The SMARTEN XE control system also auto-scales set points to handle constantly changing well productivity, to protect your equipment, and to safely draw down your well with extended ramp up options. It also predicts well behavior with the highest data sample rates from the Edge.
Set adaptive cruise control with auto-tuning
SMARTEN XE controller allows you to set adaptive cruise control with auto-tuning to manage operational instability and avoid premature failure. This feature adjusts the ESP speed to hold current or intake pressure steady to meet your operation goals.
Create apps to meet your production goals
SMARTEN XE control system empowers you to create your own apps to meet the goals of your production engineers or to fuel your innovation pipeline. This allows you to rapidly experiment and expand AI / ML capabilities across your wellsites. The SMARTEN XE control system also gives you access to the ChampionX app library and ChampionX experts to help bring your ideas to life.
- Shield the wellsite with Microsoft Azure security
- Rest easy with a secure local Wi-Fi connection in the field
- Ensure only qualified personnel adjust the VSD and assign user authority levels based on job roles
- Enhance data communication and integrity with SMARTEN Edge for ESPs
- Operate your ESP at the wellsite or remotely via SMARTEN LIVE which allows you to make required changes remotely with the same interface you see in the field
- Make updates to controller software remotely without sending a Field Technician to location
- Leverage our Touch Safe technology with any VSD cabinet to protect your field personnel
- See the VSD status indication light from the service road, preventing unnecessary stops and keeping personnel off the wellsite
Control the 3S’ – security, stability, and safety
UNBRIDLED ESP power services
We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service, which is why we employ electrical experts to provide engineering services other companies don’t. Let our team of experienced artificial lift field service technicians and electrical engineers help lower your costs and improve your operations. We offer:
- Power quality studies
- ESP reliability studies
- Electrical safety studies
Tested for quality and performance
UNBRIDLED ESP Systems R&D capabilities allow our engineers to qualify surface control systems technology electrically and environmentally. The lab includes:
- Full load equipment testing (inductive motor load) up to 500kVA
- ESP motor/cable full load testing capabilities up to 8000ft length
- Environmental chamber simulating 122˚F ambient environment
- Full-spectrum harmonic analysis capabilities, including IEC harmonic and flicker standards
- Advanced thermal imaging measurement capabilities up to 1200˚F
- High precision medium voltage measurement capabilities
Unmatched controls brain power and muscle
In the lab, in the shop, and in the field no provider has the extensive knowledge and experience of the UNBRIDLED ESP Systems' surface controls team.
- >100 years experience in power services design and operation
- Expert control software developers
- Expert technicians to repair any provider’s VSD
- Knowledgeable, trained field service teams to keep your harmonic halter running
Why work with us
Scientists and Technologists