Series 8900 SmartPredictor™ Positioner
The Series 8900 SmartPredictor™ Positioner can safely and reliably control any type of Norriseal valve, while performing specialized tasks with extreme precision.
The Series 8900 is an intelligent positioner built for linear and rotary actuators. It reduces maintenance requirements, improves diagnostics, and simplifies operation and programming.
- User-friendly operation
- Resists vibration
- Approved for hazardous areas
- Includes an adaptive learning capability
- Easy commissioning and startup
- Withstands hostile environments
- Flexible communications protocols via PROFIBUS PA, FOUNDATION Fieldbus or HART
- Optional explosion-proof housing
- Comes standard with degree of protection IP66 or NEMA 4X, with three options for enclosures: Makrolon, aluminum or stainless steel
- Variants with external non-contacting travel sensors
- High flexibility in the stroke range from 0.12” to 5.12” (3 mm to 130 mm), with larger strokes available upon request
- Low-bleed construction reduces operating costs
- Intelligent diagnostic functions
- Setpoint signal:
0/4 – 20/mA with/without HART signal or PROFIBUS PA/FOUNDATION Fieldbus
- Stroke range:
0.12” to 5.12” (3 mm to 130 mm) (larger strokes available on request)
- Rotary angle range:
30° to 100°
- Auxiliary power
Pneumatic: 20 psi to 101 psi (1.4 to 7 bar)
Electric: 4 to 20/mA (two-wire system) or 18 to 30 V (four-wire system) or bus infeed 10.5 mA with PROFIBUS / FOUNDATION Fieldbus
Load voltage: 6.36 V (non-Ex without HART)
Supply to actuator (for rp = 6 bar): 5.76 scfm (9.8 Nm3/h)
Actuator to exhaust (for rp = 6 bar): 11.30 scfm (19.2 Nm3/h)
- Bleed rate (Controlled State): .
0035 scfm (6 · 10-4 Nm3/h)
- Required air quality:
Class 2 in accordance with ISO 8573-1
- Binary inputs:
One digital input for floating contact
- Explosion protection:
II 2 G Ex d IIC T6 Gb (explosion-proof enclosure “d”)
II 2 G Ex ia IIC T6 / T4 Gb (intrinsic safety “ia”)
II 2 D Ex ia IIIC 110 °C Db (intrinsic safety “ia”)
II 3 G Ex ic IIC T6 / T4 Gc (intrinsic safety “ic”)
II 3 G Ex nA IIC T6 / T4 Gc (non-sparking, energy-limited “nA”)
II 3 D Ex tb IIIC T100 °C Dc IP66 (dust, protected by enclosure “t”)
- Additional approvals:
FM/CSA (with barrier) Class I, Div 1, Gr. A, B, C, D and Zone 1, Area Ex ia/ib IIC
FM/CSA (without barrier); Class I, Div 2, Gr. A, B, C, D.
SIL 2 in accordance with IEC 61508/ IEC 61551
Others on request
- Ambient temperature:
–22° F to +176° F (–30° C to +80° C)
ChampionX has been serving customers for over a century. See our vast company history that dates back to the 1800’s.
Filter through our latest product literature to find case histories, product brochures, news, and more.
Have a Question?
Contact an expert or give us a call.
Why work with us
Scientists and Technologists