683 Floatswitch for Atmospheric Vessels up to 2 psig
The Model 683 Floatswitch is a float type control which completes an electrical circuit to a pump, valve, alarm or other device, when the liquid level in the vessel rises (or lowers) to a predetermined point.
The float arm passes through a nylon reinforced diaphragm with a special nut on each side of the diaphragm; the switches are attached to the float arm by means of stainless steel supports. The diaphragm acts as a pivot point for the float arm, and as a seal between the vessel and the explosion proof switch housing. The maximum travel of the float between the switch “make” and “break” is 1″ for mercury switches and 1/4″ for micro switches.
- Corrosion Proof: Float and Arm are 304 S.S., Cad Plated Steel Vessel Connection (Other materials available for more corrosive liquids).
- No Wearing Parts: Due to the pivoting action of the float arm on the diaphragm, sticking does not occur in thick or corrosive liquids.
- Variety of Switch Outputs: The 683 can be obtained with mercury or micro switch output and in various combinations, ie. SPST, SPDT, DPDT, etc.
- Adjustments: Nothing to adjust or get out of calibration on the mercury switches. Micro switches can be adjusted from the outside when the floatswitch is installed on the vessel.
- Simple Installation: On an INTERNAL MOUNT, the float passes through a 2″ nipple. On an EXTERNAL MOUNT, install on 2″ external pipe riser connected to the pressure vessel above the high level and below the low level control points.
- Longer Life: Since there are no wearing parts, the replacement of stuffing boxes, etc. is eliminated.
- Switch Housing: Cast Aluminum
- Operating Pressure: Atmospheric to 2 psig
- Operating Temperature . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -20˚F to +225˚F
- Electrical Connection: 1/2″ Female Pipe Thread
683SA, 683SB: SPST Mercury
- 10 A @120 VAC, 5 A @ 240 VAC
- 3 A @ 440 VAC
683SC: SPDT Mercury
- 4 A @ 120 VAC, 2 A @ 240 VAC
- 1 A @ 440 VAC
683SF: SPDT Micro Switch
- 15 A @ 125, 250 or 480 VAC
- /8 HP-125 VAC, 1 /4 HP-250 VAC
- 1 /2 A @ 125 VDC, 1 /4 A @ 250 VDC
683SG: DPDT Micro Switch
- 10 A @ 125 or 250 VAC
- 0.3 A @ 125 VDC; 0.15 A @ 250 VDC
Why work with us
Scientists and Technologists