683 Floatswitch for Atmospheric Vessels up to 2 psig
The Model 683 Floatswitch is a float type control which completes an electrical circuit to a pump, valve, alarm or other device, when the liquid level in the vessel rises (or lowers) to a predetermined point.
The float arm passes through a nylon reinforced diaphragm with a special nut on each side of the diaphragm; the switches are attached to the float arm by means of stainless steel supports. The diaphragm acts as a pivot point for the float arm, and as a seal between the vessel and the explosion proof switch housing. The maximum travel of the float between the switch “make” and “break” is 1″ for mercury switches and 1/4″ for micro switches.
- Corrosion Proof: Float and Arm are 304 S.S., Cad Plated Steel Vessel Connection (Other materials available for more corrosive liquids).
- No Wearing Parts: Due to the pivoting action of the float arm on the diaphragm, sticking does not occur in thick or corrosive liquids.
- Variety of Switch Outputs: The 683 can be obtained with mercury or micro switch output and in various combinations, ie. SPST, SPDT, DPDT, etc.
- Adjustments: Nothing to adjust or get out of calibration on the mercury switches. Micro switches can be adjusted from the outside when the floatswitch is installed on the vessel.
- Simple Installation: On an INTERNAL MOUNT, the float passes through a 2″ nipple. On an EXTERNAL MOUNT, install on 2″ external pipe riser connected to the pressure vessel above the high level and below the low level control points.
- Longer Life: Since there are no wearing parts, the replacement of stuffing boxes, etc. is eliminated.
- Switch Housing: Cast Aluminum
- Operating Pressure: Atmospheric to 2 psig
- Operating Temperature . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -20˚F to +225˚F
- Electrical Connection: 1/2″ Female Pipe Thread
683SA, 683SB: SPST Mercury
- 10 A @120 VAC, 5 A @ 240 VAC
- 3 A @ 440 VAC
683SC: SPDT Mercury
- 4 A @ 120 VAC, 2 A @ 240 VAC
- 1 A @ 440 VAC
683SF: SPDT Micro Switch
- 15 A @ 125, 250 or 480 VAC
- /8 HP-125 VAC, 1 /4 HP-250 VAC
- 1 /2 A @ 125 VDC, 1 /4 A @ 250 VDC
683SG: DPDT Micro Switch
- 10 A @ 125 or 250 VAC
- 0.3 A @ 125 VDC; 0.15 A @ 250 VDC
ChampionX has been serving customers for over a century. See our vast company history that dates back to the 1800’s.
Filter through our latest product literature to find case histories, product brochures, news, and more.
Why work with us
Scientists and Technologists